In the recent times I got some mails from Scammers, Hackers and Privacy Invaders (as claimed). And I thought I should share this Post. I will share with you how I manged to fight it.
Let’s begin from here. Sextortion is a form of blackmail where a perpetrator threatens to reveal intimate images of you online unless you give in to their demands. These demands are typically for money, further intimate images, or sexual favours.
In Headings You will notice how I used the red text colour for the word ‘SEX’. I will get to explain it in this article.
A person who uses computers to gain unauthorized access to data is called a hacker.
And before I can continue, I want to assume you know who a scammer is.
If you have been following my blog, I am sure you have read How to Get Rid of Mail.ru Virus in your PC
I clearly stated that it not actually called mail.ru virus but a Trojan.
A Trojan horse or Trojan is a type of malware that is often disguised as legitimate software. Some of these software help hackers acquire your passwords, documents and other private details. A trojan can help one access the Camera and microphone in your device without your knoledge. The aim is usually sextortion.
Back to my experience.
The Images attached below are screenshots of the mail I got from Scammers and Hackers.
Now Let’s Analyze this
The questions I guess you would like to ask me would be.
- Did you notice that your account was hacked?
- Is it true that he Compiled those details as he claimed?
- Did you visit any Adult site?
- Were you really doing inappropriate things as he claimed?
Let me answer these questions.
First, I noticed that my Blog was hacked and hijacked which I explained in my previous post. You can read the post here.
But it is obvious that it is not the guy who sent the mail hijacked my blog.
Secondly, He has no details about me. I am a programmer, I inspect my PC before doing some jobs. I have softwares that help me detect some Hijackers. (Note: I don’t give this software out).
So His claims are totally false.
Thirdly, Concerning the adult site, There is this adage that says “A real Business man does not play with Time“. I am a Blogger and I train People online on web designing and Programming.
I am always busy with too many works, I barely have time to hangout not to talk of visiting an Adult site. Excuse me Mr. Scammer, I am the wrong guy.
Visiting an adult site is a NO! NO! not to talk of misbehaving in front of a computer screen when I should be working.
I have already answered the fourth question.
Let me share a bundle of screenshots of other mails I got.
If you are a blogger and you are recieving these mails, Do not panic. The chances that this is true in Narrow.
Steps to take.
- Always check if your Blog is logged in somewhere else. For wordpress users, You can check this by accessing your Dashboard>Setting>General. You are safe if you see something like this
- If you not, Then click on Generate Password to change your password and the intruder would be logged off.
- These scammers of Hijackers would use their bitcoin address to extort you of your hard earned money. You can do justice by reporting the bitcoing address using this link Or Visit https://bitcoinwhoswho.com
- You will confirm that these cryptocurrency had been reported just as the case below.
- If your account it truely hacked, work with your host.
- If are not a blogger but you get these mails, Do not panic. Just be calm, Even if a video of you is published, you can claim that it is editted and doctored. Your money is saved and life goes on.
- As a blogger always take all security measures to ensure that yor site is safe.
Note: There are Viruses we download while downloading Softwares from internet. These Viruses would help intruder get your details.
Avoid being a victim of sextortion. Inspect your PC from time to time with good anti-virus.
If you notice that your PC has been Hijacked, Kindly follow the steps stated HERE
Kindly drop your comments below. Share your experience.